These reading materials are generally organized by author and in some cases may refer to multiple works. The materials include at a minimum background on the author and the work, along with a vocabulary list intended for reasonably advanced students. The materials from some works include, when available, commentaries on the work by the author, commentaries by other critics or writers, and other relevant materials.
The most recent list of authors and works represented includes:
- Spanish author Pedro Antonio de Alarcón (1833 – 1891) — El Sombrero de Tres Picos (1874)
- Spanish playwright Antonio Buero Vallejo (1916 – 2000) — Historia de una Escalera (1949) and En la Ardiente Oscuridad (1950)
- Venezuelan author Rómulo Gallegos (1884 – 1969) — Doña Bárbara (1929)
- Mexican author Daniel Sada (1953 – 2011) — Una de Dos (1994).
- Chilean author Luis Sepúlveda (1949 – ) — La sombra de lo que fuimos (2009), La lámpara de Aladino (2008), and Patagonia Express (1995).
Happy reading! Tom Rindfleisch